• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
krowe

Pics / Beta on North Ridge of Stuart

Does anyone have pics or see the north ridge of Stuart recently? I'm curious if it's melted out enough to climb this weekend.

Friends climbed the full ridge 2 days ago. Snow on the slab pitch and in the notch above the Gendarme. Steep snow on the descent by the False Summit.

I wrote this on the Sherpa thread:

friend and I climbed Full N. Ridge yesterday approaching from the North and descending the Sherpa. The glacier is in excellent condition still. A super easy end run around the bergschrund-skier's right- is still possible. No rappel shenanigans needed! Gorgeous day in perfect weather with no one around!

Also, almost all the snow on the ridge is melted, though there are patches lingering g that can be easily avoided. The same patches are very convenient for refilling your water, however. There was one patch on the upper ridge just past the notch that you have to post hole through, but it's minimal and should be gone in a couple days.

NR of Stuie from west face of CBR this weekend 07/10/2017:

And that is how to humble brag. Nice work! Which route did you climb?

NR of Stuie from west face of CBR this weekend 07/10/2017:

And that is how to humble brag. Nice work! Which route did you climb?

a route called "the nectar". don't get excited about me climbing a beast like that. I just saw it on her facebook page.