Monday 2/20 - Ski tour with me and Fred B!

OlympicMtnBoy

Anybody want to get out for what is sure to be an adventure? We're heading to Blewett Pass. Snow will be crappy. Fred is 94. Tour will be very very slow. We probably won't get very far from the car. There will be shouting. Fred specified wanting to use skins and none of those skinny skis (although those might be more appropriate). PM me with your phone number if you can make it..

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In classic fashion as usual! I picked up Fred and got some gas and then we hit up the North Bend McDonalds. They have a hard floor and it's a good spot to put on ski boots, also napkins. I had a second breakfast and one of the employees flirted with Fred. Back on the road eventually and we made it to Blewett Pass.

Fred complained about not sleeping well and a fall he had recently and decided to nap in the car while I took my dog out for a short ski. Back at the car 45 mins later for food and some of my friends showed up with kids and xc gear. Fred managed to make it out of the car to say hello and be in a couple of pictures but still wasn't up for skiing. The rest of us did another hour up the forest road and back in pleasant snow.

We tried to hit up the Washington State Ski and Snowboard Museum at Snoqualmie on the way back but they were closed.

So no skiing for Fred, but at least he got his boots on and walked around in the snow for a minute. He seemed happy to get out and wasn't even grumpy about waiting in the car. I hope someone will drive me to the mountains when I'm 94, whether or not I actually get my skis on!