Eldorado Peak Conditions

stever

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's wet.

I think the warmth of late will have settled things out. But I would suspect very deep wallowing in the last 1K as the rain drains from the snowpack today.

It rained like crazy up there yesterday, that's for sure. Subtract about 10F off of this plot (to correct for Eldo's higher altitude) and you get the idea:

https://www.nwac.us/weatherdata/mtbakerskiarea/graph/

There will be a parade of storms between now and then so you'll need to make that call based on the telemetry. As you've probably gathered, it ain't the summer no more.

NWAC's certificate isn't secure so you need to go in and give it permission to display in your browser. It is telemetry data for the Baker ski area which isn't super close geographically, but close enough for this time of year. The chances of fall ascents working out on Eldo aren't super high if you are locked into a date, but you can always try and see how far you get.

There will be a parade of storms between now and then so you'll need to make that call based on the telemetry. As you've probably gathered, it ain't the summer no more.

NWAC's certificate isn't secure so you need to go in and give it permission to display in your browser. It is telemetry data for the Baker ski area which isn't super close geographically, but close enough for this time of year. The chances of fall ascents working out on Eldo aren't super high if you are locked into a date, but you can always try and see how far you get.

Thanks for the good info - I will try NWAC again and see what the weather shows closer to the date

Cheers!