Cascadeclimbers.com user Dannible, whose photography and stories have been published here on cascadeclimbers.com and also in fine climbing and skiing..
Search Gear Prices
Recent Blog Posts
- [TR] Hidden Lake Peak - NW slope 02/12/2018 February 15, 2018Trip: Hidden Lake Peak - West Trip Date: 02/12/2018 Trip Report: With @TorreyMoreno's recent TR on the HLL I don't need to say much on the conditions @Kitand I found earlier this week. I will say that the rime covering the peaks of the North Cascades is probably about as spectacular as I've seen. Pretty […]
- [TR] Coleman Pinnacle - West Ridge 02/10/2018 February 15, 2018Trip: Coleman Pinnacle - West Ridge Trip Date: 02/10/2018 Trip Report: It finally stopped raining this past weekend! Us, and everyone else within a three hour drive descended on the Heather Meadows parking lot to get our vitamin D for the month. @dberdinka and friend were the smartest of the bunch, leaving the parking lot […]
- Accident on Mt. Hood February 13, 2018Considering the sheet of ice photo that Water posted on social media, I'm not surprised to see this today! Apparently helicopter footage shows someone doing CPR... not good... and 7 stranded? http://www.kptv.com/story/37496370/search-and-rescue-crews-respond-to-fallen-climber-on-mount-hood (video) https://www.opb.org/news/article/climber-fall-mount-hood-rescue/ Rrrrrough!
- [TR] Hidden Lake Lookout - Winter Route #2 02/10/2018 February 13, 2018Trip: Hidden Lake Lookout - Winter Route #2 Trip Date: 02/10/2018 Trip Report: 2 miles from the trailhead was as far as the Toyota Tacoma would take us. The snow on the road that early in the morning icy enough to pull your car in directions you don’t want it to go when the road […]
- [TR] Chair Pk - NW Ridge 02/11/2018 February 12, 2018Trip: Chair Pk - NW Ridge Trip Date: 02/11/2018 Trip Report: More fun in winter I thought, especially with the amazing conditions. More alpine ice well adhered to the rock than I've ever seen in the Snoq area, neve even! Don, my long time climbing partner, and I had a blast in this puppy yesterday. […]